Print quality control and text recognition
- In-line control of Ink-Jet printed codes
- Solution uses Eoptis’ Harware, B/W IP65 cameras, built-in illuminator
- Automatic control on 9 different product types
- Software setting via touch-screen
The customer needs to check the codes (alpha-numeric and barcodes) related to the product expiration date, product identification code and tracking number as well as the print quality, so that a stop signal will be automatically sent to the system in case of non-conformity. Furthermore, the solution has to be suitable to:
- Frequent format modifications
- Check on 100% of the products
- High rate line with uncontrolled illumination
The proposed solution uses a high performance EOPTIS' hardware, with a B/W camera mounted above the conveyor. The proper illumination is ensured by a custom illuminator built by EOPTIS, coupled with the cameras. The system can work continuosly and could interact with an pneumatic system to control the product rejection. A format change could be easily set via touch-screen interface.
- Solution completely integrated with the customer system
- Touch-screen system control
Real-time control significantly reduced the production stops, increasing the plant efficency with an investment return already after the first year of use.
- Less production stops and increased line efficency
- Higher granted quality